how old does a cow have to be breedable

no i cant post pic my camra is broke and i dont have any recent pics of her but she isent verry much taller than he is only about 3 or 4 inches but she is a little bit wider than him

What does her udder and teats look like? Can you barely see her teats because they're small, shriveled, up against her belly and covered in hair? Or is her udder and teats starting to develop and become large and noticeable?

you cant see the udder but you can feel a small bag that dosent have much hair and niple are small thay havent gotten much larger than thay have been i have been trying since i got her to get her to let me be able to milk hir since i got her

Quote:
I'd suggest since you're very in-experienced you either take her in to have a vet check her, or them come out and do it.

Are you sure the male is a bull and wasn't castrated/banded before you got him?

Our steers will still mount, but if he's not a bull that would explain her not being pregnant.

Last edited:
positive he is a bull when i got him he had little half golf ball size now he has grapefruits and thanks for all the help

if she has been on heat she may already be in calf, a good sign is rub marks on her pins.( the bones on either side of her tail right on top. ) if she has been cycling they can be rubbed raw or just missing some fur there.

I suggest having the vet check her out too. He can tell you whether she's sterile or pregnant. If they've been together for 18 months then she's either pregnant, or she and/or he is sterile. If she is pregnant, the vet can give you an estimate of how far along she is.

Please do not "attempt to milk" your heifer. You should touch her all over, and get her comfortable with your hands on her udder, but to actually attempt to get milk out of her is not a good thing.
BTW, you do realize that she must give birth before she produces milk?

Back
Top Bottom