angieee11

In the Brooder
Jan 7, 2021
Hi, I got her about a week ago. The seller told me she was about 5 months old. My old chickens started laying eggs when they their waddles were even smaller than this chicken. As far as I know, she has not layed an egg before after we got her. But I'm scared that it might be an old chicken that has layed eggs before. I wonder when she'll start laying eggs and her age.?
IMG_20210107_164942.jpg
IMG_20210107_165032.jpg

She might be stressed from the move and change in environments, or if its winter where you are, they sometimes stop laying too. Dont give up on her, be patient. Maybe check her vent to see if it's small and dry, like a layer who hasn't started yet?
Yea she's a very nice chicken. But may I know what a vent is?

Would it be possible to give her a little clean up? Does she have, or had diarrhea? If she's unwell, that could effect her laying as well. She does have the look of a girl who knows her business, but a whole pile of things can keep a hen from laying, and hopefully she'll get sorted for you.

Hi, I got her about a week ago. The seller told me she was about 5 months old. My old chickens started laying eggs when they their waddles were even smaller than this chicken. As far as I know, she has not layed an egg before after we got her. But I'm scared that it might be an old chicken that has layed eggs before. I wonder when she'll start laying eggs and her age.?
View attachment 2487196View attachment 2487189

Hey! She is gorgeous:) I’d say she’s definitely older then 5 months, as she looks full grown and not in the pullet fase, she could be stressed from the change of places. I’d say she should pick back up on laying soon once she gets comfortable! She is so beautiful

Back
Top Bottom