How old was your hen when she laid her 1st egg?

Quote:
It's normal for the first couple of eggs to have a little blood on them, especially the first. It will stop quickly enough. I had a hen stop laying for two months, and when she started again, there was blood once more.

hello again eggs4sale-

I posted here with my first egg SLW age 21.5 wks -light brown -tiny
I just got the GLW first egg last week at 27.wks -light brown - med size
My last EE to lay is 28 wks -light aqua- med size

Australorp, 16 weeks

Silverlaced Wyandott, Rhoad Island Red, Barred Rock 19-20 weeks
White Orpingtons and Buff Orpingtons 18-19 weeks

Brown eggs

some where small, some where big, one had no shell

32457_dscn0937.jpg

Been reading for a while but this is my first post.
smile.png

I was soooo excited when I found my first egg on Friday. Most of my chickens are 18 wks and I really wasnt looking to find any eggs yet. My BA's are the ones that are laying now and since Friday I have gotten 11 eggs... SOOO excited!!!!!
lol.png
They are all small brown eggs in varying shades

I also have BO's,Milles, 1EE, 1OEGB,1 Black Silkie that have not laid yet all same age.
smile.png

I have three Rhode Island Reds who are almost at 24 weeks and no signs of eggs yet. Two have had their combs grown in for at least a month, and my third one is a slow developer (but a sweetie). They've been eating eggshell for at least six weeks and I've scoured our tiny backyard for rogue nests.

They even have their choice of three nesting boxes in various locations. I know they noticed them because they love playing with the fake eggs.

I'm not sure what to do. Reasoning with them isn't working. Perhaps I should up the bribes.
wink.png

Quote:
well she did i thought she was a rooster when 20 weeks past then 30 then 40 i have a few posts on clairese

lau.gif

I believe you!

im just glad it came later than never cause she was gonna be dumplings lol

My chickens were a few days old on Mother's Day, 2009 and no eggs. I believe that is 25 weeks today. We have 3 white Cochins, 2 Barred Rock, and 1 Golden Seabright. They all free-range most of the day. Our yard is fairly shady. Not enough light? Too soon? Hiding them in the bushes? We are looking hard.

Hatchery SLW at 20 1/2 weeks this morning
smile.png
I didn't weigh it, but it sure looks out of place next to the big 'uns.

Back
Top Bottom