How secure is our food supply?

It is the best way,

To buy local and from people you trust. here in the Uk we have also had so many problems caused by the industrialisation of agriculture.

Don't forget the problems we had due to Cattle feed being made with dead sheep. I can never understand them feeding animals on anything that woudl not naturally be in their chosen diet.

It will really break down slowly to a point where we are keeping animals to feed our own families and buying locally to avoid the high fuel costs. Turning things on their head really fromwhere they are now.

Even chicken here is bred in factories,and then killed and shipped to Europe for processing, (and it has been revealed that they are adding hormones from both pigs and cattle and spinning them in water tumblers to increase the weight when frozen) and then shipped back to us in the supermarkets. Businesses are about making money, and they are not interested in long term responsibility, that is left to the small guys, who believe in what they are doing.

As for government, they are also short term, they are in for 4 years, maybe 8 if they get lucky and nobody finds them out. But they don;t have long term responsibility either. It is down to us, to feel responsible for what we feed to our families and to ourselves, and to maintain control over that and ensure the welfare of our own.

Lol.... I sound like a revolutionary don;t I.... lol.... but it is serious, I have been watching this for a lot of years....

Jena.

This article most definitely was a very interesting read. Thank heavens someone addressed this fact, because it most certainly has been largely ignored by our government and is a HUGE issue.

Buy Fresh, Buy Local. Support your local farmer. Buy organic, if possible. Garden what you and your family with eat, give the rest to neighbors or trade to local farmers who raise what you don't.

Times are scary period.

I want a dairy cow for our family in the spring. I want to know what is in my food, where it comes from and who had touched it- think about that one. Who touched your steaks? Your apples?

Nebaska has a food coop that I belong to:

http://www.nebraskafood.org/

Buy fresh, Buy local. Support your neighbors and keep money in your community....

Christina

Back
Top Bottom