how soon after worming can I eat the eggs?

I dewormed my chickens yesterday and just ate the eggs they laid this morning for lunch....

I used zimecterin gold.

I didn't even think about not being able to eat them. It seems like such a waste to throw them away for 2 weeks....

Anyone eat there's and be okay?

I only worm my girls once a year (when we worm the dogs) during winter when they are moulting and not laying. This way I dont have to worry bout eating any contaminated eggs. If I had to worm them during laying periods, I will give the eggs to my dogs as I don't want to feed the med in the eggs back to the hens..sorta defeat the purpose of withholding from eating the eggs...

Has anyone ever wormed their chickens with Anthelecide? This is what my vet gave me to give to my chicken with gapeworms. Isn't that a horse wormer??? And they said not to eat the eggs. So, just wondering.

I wormed mine last Thursday (it's now Mon.). I specifically looked on the bottle of Wazine 17 and it said NOTHING about not eating the eggs! What the heck?!? Since it wasn't written on the label, I assumed it was ok to eat them. Now I'm feeling a bit queezy just thinking about it! Geez! The **** power of suggestion is pretty dang powerful. LOL

I'm wondering the same thing. I will start with Wazine tomorrow, and I'm assuming that starting Friday I have to toss the eggs. What's the reason? Is wormer toxic for humans? Or, is it something from the dying/dead worms that passes into the egg that's toxic? I wouldn't even know where to begin to look for that specific information. If they're not fit for human consumption, what about dog or chicken consumption? A dozen eggs a day is a lot for 17 chickens and two dogs, don't ya think? LOL
I do not eat the eggs for 10 days, however I do break up their shells and scramble the eggs and feed it back to the chickens. Not sure if this is the right thing to do but shells and eggs are a good source or protein and calcium so verses throwing them out I give them back to the hens fully cooked

I have used my eggs after worming for hatching. I fill the incubator up and they all hatch out fine. I have never had sick or deformed chickens from hatching while deworming.

Back
Top Bottom