how soon after worming can I eat the eggs?

Well, I'm using Wazine, and I just went and read the label on the bottle. At the very bottom, it says not to use within 14 days of chickens to be slaughtered for meat. Then the next line says "Do not use in chickens producing eggs for human consumption." !!!!!
ep.gif

Okay, now I'm a little more worried... I've already treated them with the first dose. Second one is this weekend.

Okay, now that I've done it, everywhere I look online at Wazine says that it's not for use in chickens that produce eggs for human consumption!!! THat's the only reason we have chickens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (well, other than the fact that they are very fun to have around!)

Worried now. Somebody who knows medicines please tell me it's okay to eat eggs from these hens if I wait a couple of weeks after deworming! If we could eat the chicken 2 weeks after medicating, why couldn't we eat the eggs?
sad.png

I wouldn't worry about eating them after 2 weeks. The Wazine is no longer active in their bodies then. Plenty of people here, and some with Vet experience, have used Wazine for laying hens. Probably more stupid butt covering by the companies.

From what I understand from other posts about worming, Wazine warning about eggs for human consumption is because the manufacturer has not done the testing required for chickens. That statement is to cover their a@@.
hide.gif

The only hesitation I have in agreeing with you on that one is that the label clearly states to wait 14 days after treatment before slaughtering chickens for human consumption, but not to give this medicine to chickens producing eggs for human consumption. Seems that if you could eat the chicken 14 days after treating, they would have done similar testing on eggs... but maybe not.

Oh, well.

We usually wait 10-14 days after any meds. just to be safe. Have eaten them all my life and im still here no Probs. I think its just a warning for legal purposes. It's really hard to say with out doing your own lab testing. But we always have eaten the birds and eggs as said before. men, women, children, animals and all. NO probs! I think it's just really your choice but we Do wait 10-14 just to be safe.

God Bless!

Quote:
It is all about the finances. For the egg industry, it is easier and cheaper to replace sick laying hens entirely rather than deal with medication. That's why there isn't a lot of testing on eggs--the demand (and presumably the money) just isn't there.

However, I have used Ivermectin, and have not eaten the eggs for a week. My mother uses Ivermectin and doesn't follow an egg withdrawal period at all. You can find a lot of information about Invermectin online. It's actually used in humans too for parasites.

Back
Top Bottom