How soon is too soon for watermelon?

Quote:
They have an area of the brooder with washed construction sand where they like to go and peck around. Is this sufficient? Thank you for helping me with this!

Quote:
Ugh, we're just starting to get away from the runny poo thing so this is good to know. I thought more protein would help so i offered a tiny bit of hard boiled egg but it wasn't a huge hit as I'd expected.

Quote:
Ugh, we're just starting to get away from the runny poo thing so this is good to know. I thought more protein would help so i offered a tiny bit of hard boiled egg but it wasn't a huge hit as I'd expected.

Every other morning we do hard boiled egg with apple/strawberry sauce (it comes in little pouches and I have it for my daughters), mixed with some crushed up cheerios. The girls will put a spoonful in each feeder and our chickens LOVE IT they have now started to realize what is coming, so when the girls go to give it out the chicks are rushing the doors to their enclosures!

Quote:
My chicks want to go to your house for breakfast.
smile.png
Thanks for the tip!

We have one chicken who loves watermelon more than the others!! All of them started liking fruit after 5 or 6 weeks.

big_smile.png

Quote:
My chicks want to go to your house for breakfast.
smile.png
Thanks for the tip!

big_smile.png
Yes our chicks are getting VERY Spoiled!! Your welcome.

I gave my 4-5 day old chicks some watermelon, they don't eat the rind, they peck at it but they wont eat it. They do like pecking, and eating the fleshy pink part. I've had no problems with runny poop.

Back
Top Bottom