How soon is too soon to put chicks on grower?

eaking

Chirping
May 18, 2020
Los Angeles, CA
Hey there,

So we're currently working on integrating our 5 week old BOs in with our 12 week old BOs. Currently they are separated in two different coops during the day with the older girls free-ranging around the younger girls (look but don't touch method) and it's slow but steady. We are THIS CLOSE to running out of starter feed and I'm wondering if we can transition the younger girls to the organic grower feed we're giving to the older girls? We're feeding them Scratch & Peck Fees Organic Grower (17% protein). This would make it much easier once / if they ever play nice... The young girls are finishing up Manna Medicated Chick Starter Crumbles and I really don't want to go out and buy a whole other bag.

Thanks in advance!

So we're currently working on integrating our 5 week old BOs in with our 12 week old BOs.

We are THIS CLOSE to running out of starter feed and I'm wondering if we can transition the younger girls to the organic grower feed we're giving to the older girls? We're feeding them Scratch & Peck Fees Organic Grower (17% protein).
Sure, as long as you don't give low Protein treats like Scratch or veggies for 3 weeks. GC

Back
Top Bottom