How the heck are you supposed to wait....Day 23 AND WE HAVE A BABY!

cluckcluck42

Songster
10 Years
Oct 4, 2009
Quebec
Seriously!!! It's hatch day and um... This is really hard! I've been on chickwatch since last night, woke up twice to check. Left work two hours early to come see if I had any babies. And now here I am, running to the incubator ever 10 minutes, deeply saddened each time I see no pips.

HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO STAND IT!! The waiting is EXCRUCIATING!
he.gif

How do you guys do it? What is the longest you've had to wait for a hatch?

I want my babies NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ETA: Here is the first baby

42359_first_chicken_002.jpg

Last edited:
You need to find something to occupy yourself and your mind for awhile.I know you can do it because I know you are tough.
I know you are tough because you are living in Ontario in the Winter.
lol.png
You are probably in for a very long night.Good Luck
smile.png

I'm on day 20 right now and still no pips!
pop.gif
th.gif
Luckily I'm at school all the time so I can be occupied, but I just sit by the incubator for a long time...when I should be doing homework.
lol.png

Good luck to both of us!
wee.gif

Well, I watched TV, browsed the internet, prepped the baby brooder and even CLEANED THE HOUSE! Yes folks, I cleaned the house, top to bottom. This is desperate, for sure.

I might just start staring at them until they start pipping. Power of the mind, you know. Also, I am a worry wart, so I am half convinced something must have gone wrong! It's only 9:30 on Day 21, SOMEBODY SLAP ME!

I put them in on Tuesday January 5th at midnight so I counted the next day as the 1st. So shouldnt they technically have started at midnight this morning? Or midnight tonight? Oh heck, I don't know.

This is pure and utter torture. Does it get better? Is it sooooo bad because it is my first hatch?

I've been annoying all night...Every ten to twenty minutes I would say "I want my babies!" or some variation of this. Finally at around 8 my boyfriend asked if I could cut it back to once every hour. NO!!! WHERE ARE MY BABIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Okay but seriously: I havent heard anything from the incubator. Do you usually hear them or see them moving at this point??

Back
Top Bottom