How the heck are you supposed to wait....Day 23 AND WE HAVE A BABY!

Quote:
Aw, I am very sorry to hear about Huckleberry. We should all be so lucky to find a good loyal egg sniffing dog. May he rest in peace. Sorry for your loss.

That is absolutely disgusting- an egg blowing up in someones face!!! I gagged a bit just thinking about it, poor soul.

The bad smell is gone, I suspect a cat, but attributed it to the chicks because my face was up against the bator. Smelling the hole at the top, there is no smell coming off at all.

Question- One has pipped off some shell but at the bottom of the egg so we cant see it. Should we turn him around or leave him??

Quote:
LOL!

In another thread someone referred to them hatching out like little ninjas! I just love that visual!

In my experience, they usually pip and then rest a while before making their big enterance into the world. When I've been able to time the hatches and get to watch I've found that talking to them outside the incubator sometimes encourages them to hatch. It's similar to another baby chick who hatched first and creates all the commotion which gets all of the other peeps motivated to move it lol.

You could try leaving a radio next to the incubator if you want to save your voice.

This is the best part!

ETA: Nope--leave the baby alone
smile.png
No opening the bator!! Duct-tape your hands if necessary LOL

Last edited:
Quote:
LOL!

In another thread someone referred to them hatching out like little ninjas! I just love that visual!

In my experience, they usually pip and then rest a while before making their big enterance into the world. When I've been able to time the hatches and get to watch I've found that talking to them outside the incubator sometimes encourages them to hatch. It's similar to another baby chick who hatched first and creates all the commotion which gets all of the other peeps motivated to move it lol.

You could try leaving a radio next to the incubator if you want to save your voice.

This is the best part!

ETA: Nope--leave the baby alone
smile.png
No opening the bator!! Duct-tape your hands if necessary LOL

I KNOW! I totally got it from that thread, I can't get it out of my head now. HI-YAAA!!!!!

I am talking away to them, and the fiance was playing them some ukelele and they dug that. I cant tell if its more than one chirping or just one busy body.

Okay okay I am NOT going in there for any reason!! I promised myself I wouldnt but I wanna see that pip so bad!! Unfair that the first pip is on the bottom. He'll be okay right, he'll still HI-YA outta there?

I keep chirping back at the little guy and my cat is losing her mind and everytime I do it she meows back at me. I told her she wasnt being born so she needs to back off.

Why is the bottom, well, on the bottom? Did I miss something? Are they not lying on their sides? Or are they in an egg carton, perhaps?

Catherine

Quote:
Oh, sorry, I mean on the side. He;s pipped on the side that is facing down. They are just in there loose, no egg carton, we didnt have any extra and I thought I would give it a go. If its a mess, next time I will make sure I have extra cartons.

How's it going? Any progress??

I just got home and I have a pip too! Right now it's rockin out to my ipod LOL

I came home to 6 chickies!!!!!
wee.gif
YIPEE and a few more pip'ed. I f i get a 50% HATCH IT'LL BE A MIRACLE - THESE EGGS HAVE BEEN THRU POWER OUTAGES AND POWER SURGES! BASICALLY - From FROZEN TO MICROWAVED! !!!
ya.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Congrats!!!

Isn't it so amazing how resilient life can be?!?!!

Keep going chickies!!

Back
Top Bottom