How to administer amprolium orally?

They can have it orally and in their water if they are not drinking enough, which they usually aren't
Ok that wording is a little vague. I understand they CAN have it in their water and given orally but should they? Is corrid meant to be given both of those way, at the same time or is that just an option and it is OK to give them JUST the oral dosage for several days?

Thanks so much for the lightening fast response. Just found some of what look like coccidia eggs in my chickens feces (microscope)

Ok that wording is a little vague. I understand they CAN have it in their water and given orally but should they? Is corrid meant to be given both of those way, at the same time or is that just an option and it is OK to give them JUST the oral dosage for several days?

Thanks so much for the lightening fast response. Just found some of what look like coccidia eggs in my chickens feces (microscope)
They should get a certain amount of amprolium per day, so when they aren't drinking enough, giving it orally too helps them recover faster.

It's best to have it in their water, diluted properly according to instructions and to do oral dosages as needed for birds that are showing signs of lethargy or aren't drinking on their own.

It's very hard to overdose on amprolium so it's harmless to double dose if needed in emergency situations.

If birds are active and drinking normally (aka not showing symptoms of an overload of coccidiosis) then an oral dosage is not needed and personally I'd rather skip that just to reduce risk of aspiration.

It's best to have it in their water, diluted properly according to instructions and to do oral dosages as needed for birds that are showing signs of lethargy or aren't drinking on their own.

It's very hard to overdose on amprolium so it's harmless to double dose if needed in emergency situations.

If birds are active and drinking normally (aka not showing symptoms of an overload of coccidiosis) then an oral dosage is not needed and personally I'd rather skip that just to reduce risk of aspiration.
Thank you. I personally prefer oral dosages because I then know they are getting the proper amount of medication. Whereas knowing whether a semi free range hen is drinking the same amount as they always do is, at least for me, impossible to tell. As much time as I spend with my girls I wouldn't have the slightest idea of how much they drink in a 24 hour period.

Back
Top Bottom