How to balance a water fount

fruitjuice

Hatching
11 Years
Mar 19, 2008
Hello All,
Wierd question, but I bought one of those steele water fount, filled it and it seems to be working fine. I want to hang it -- seems like that is what people do -- and raise it to the height of the chicken's backs. My question is how do you hang those? The handle does not have a notch in it -- seems if you hung it with a rope, it would slip to one side or the other and spill. Right now I just have it sitting on the litter covered floor of the coop.

Any ideas?

I'm not sure I know exactly what you're talking about. But if it's what I'm thinking, could you drill a hole in the middle of the handle? If you could drill a small hole, you could thread an eye-hook though it with the circle on top and a washer & nut on the bottom holding it in place. Then hook a chain or rope to the eye-hook.

Cassandra

Quote:
Thanks Cassandra .... I had been wondering that. Even with my well-equipped workshop I couldn't bend the handle into a V without damaging the drinker.

Simple idea ... should work great.

I made a horrible diagram to go with my equally horrible description. LOL

here is my drawering
wink.png
along with a real picture of an eye hook

eyehook.jpg

I would just put it on a block. How large is it? If I remember right, figure 8lbs per gallon of water. Is it meant to be hung? I'd be afraid of the base giving out or something. I am not familar with this fount though so am not sure.

wow -- you guys are hilarious. and so speedy. I truly appreciate the artistic rendering, but the cinder block idea I can likely pull off without use of power tools which is always a plus. Thanks -- I will now dig around our place for appropriately sized blocks -- maybe even a small scrap of wood would work for now.

Back
Top Bottom