How to begin letting old and new chickens free range together

I free range MUCH earlier than GC-Raptor (before 6 weeks, typically), but I also have a much higher tolerance for losses. and possibly more space for them to range in, which is helpful (abundance, social lubricant, etc).

Different situations, different management practices.
I have 10 acres for them to roam. Some is densely wooded and there’s a lake. The old girls hang around with the mowed area and edge of the woods. I let them all out together again about 30 minutes ago. So far so good. I’m new to raising chicks from 2 days old and mixing with older birds. I appreciate your input as I’m learning every day!

I have 10 acres for them to roam. Some is densely wooded and there’s a lake. The old girls hang around with the mowed area and edge of the woods. I let them all out together again about 30 minutes ago. So far so good. I’m new to raising chicks from 2 days old and mixing with older birds. I appreciate your input as I’m learning every day!
Also new (ish), and hoping to learn more every day. Glad to have had something useful to experience. Mine have been out since before dawn, foraging thru the wet pasture, sleeping in the duck pond (1 1/2" of rainfall last evening)

Back
Top Bottom