How to bond with my chicks?

Ok, thanks! I tried the scrambled eggs, and they were too scared of the plate to eat it. One of them did eat it from my hand though. We got them when they were six weeks.

Getting one to eat out of your hand on the first try is pretty good! Keep doing that, the others will likely get braver if they see the first one eating it. Toss them a couple of small bites so they get a taste and know what they are missing.

The way to their hearts is through their stomachs. I started at a couple days old, but pick them up, from underneath, in a crouched, or sitting position. I always feed them a tasty treat while holding them. If you can get them to do this, they will associate you with delicious food. It also makes health checks/exams easier later on. Just keep working with them and they'll ease up.

Getting one to eat out of your hand on the first try is pretty good! Keep doing that, the others will likely get braver if they see the first one eating it. Toss them a couple of small bites so they get a taste and know what they are missing.
They seem to have discovered their love for treats. They are getting friendlier already! Thank you so much for your advice, I really appreciate it.

They seem to have discovered their love for treats. They are getting friendlier already! Thank you so much for your advice, I really appreciate it.

So glad to hear that and thank you for the nice comment! Lots of advice gets dolled out in this forum and it is really nice to hear when it helps people.

Back
Top Bottom