How To Build a 4 x 4 x 8 Brood Pen

MAllen

Get In The Game
10 Years
Aug 23, 2009
Claremore, OK.
Evening All,

I needed to build a new brood pen today for a trio of my American Game Bantams. While building it I took some pictures and I've used those to create a "How-To" page here on BYC to share with everyone. If you're interested you can find the page at the following link,

How To Build A Brood Pen

Or you can click on either link in my signature line below and find a link to the brood pen page at the top of that linked page.... ummm, I confused even me... anyway, hope you like it!

Matt

I ditto that! Looks like a nice quick build!
thumbsup.gif
Thanks for all the measurements and progress pics!

Thanks for all the kind comments! It is an easy build and works great for a trio of breeders. A little open for winter time maybe but there are a number of ways that the coop half can be better winterized to keep the wind off the birds, something I'll be doing to the two that I have on the yard right now. If anyone out there builds one I'd love to see what changes or upgrades you make to yours!!

Quote:
No I've not done that, but I just read the instruction how to submit it so I'll be doing that soon. Thanks!

Last edited:
Beautiful job (cept I dunno about that chickenwire, but perhaps your particular yard is already fairly predatorproof)... and to have such a well photographed, well written instructional page to go with it... I predict there will (or certainly SHOULD) be a whole lot of people building that for next spring
wink.png
I know I'll be recommending it!

<applause>,

Pat

Back
Top Bottom