cueduckv

Hatching
Mar 23, 2024
Hi! I recently just adopted this adult female khaki Campbell duck 2 days ago and she hasn’t left the pond since. This is unsafe because I live in an area with a lot of predators. I have been trying to catch her to bring her up to her house but I have been unsuccessful for the past 24 hours. I even slept outside so she wasn’t completely defenseless if anything happened. I really don’t want to sleep outside again so if anyone has any tips or advice on how to catch her I would be so thankful😂😂
image.jpg

Hi! I recently just adopted this adult female khaki Campbell duck 2 days ago and she hasn’t left the pond since. This is unsafe because I live in an area with a lot of predators. I have been trying to catch her to bring her up to her house but I have been unsuccessful for the past 24 hours. I even slept outside so she wasn’t completely defenseless if anything happened. I really don’t want to sleep outside again so if anyone has any tips or advice on how to catch her I would be so thankful😂😂
View attachment 3801316
I don’t know how to even catch i duck because I only have chickens! It’s so nice you slept outside with her! Maybe you could try coaxing her out with treats?

I would use a temporary dog pen in a U shape, and solicit the assistance of a friend so that you and friend can each move one of the open ends, together. Entice the duck out of the pond with food and treats in the bottom of the U-shaped pen. While the duck is eating quickly, close the ends of the pen into a circle [or ellipse] trapping the duck. it does help if the duck is hungry!

If you cannot entice the duck out, you will also need two friends in canoes on the water the chase the duck out into the U-shaped temporary dog pen!

Thank you for being a hero and sleeping outside to guard her. Good luck catching her

Back
Top Bottom