How to catch a killer mink?!

serenityNH

Songster
8 Years
Mar 7, 2011
Raymond, NH
I had a mink kill my pet rabbit and it is now stocking my chickens, the mink needs to go down but I'm not having any luck trapping it. Need some advice, badly!
My rabbits have always had free roam of our yard that happens to be on the river, a couple of days ago I was outside and heard blood curdling screams. It was my rabbit Chloe next to the river being attacked by a mink, I tore the mink off of her and thought I saved her. Unfortunately this morning she died, I thought she was fine except for a minor cut on her foot but apparently she must have had internal injuries I wasn't aware of. Now the darn mink is staking out our property and I'm scared our chickens will be next.
I set out a have a heart trap (my husband will dispose of t he mink after we catch the sucker) with a stuffed animal that looks like the rabbit with rabbit fur attached to it and raw chicken inside. Apparently I have no idea what I am doing as the mink hasn't gone near our trap. We have never had a predator before and beside trapping a homeless cat once I have no trapping/killing experience.
Anyone have mink catching skills they'd like to share with me?
Thanks!!!

Quote:
I use 110/120 sized conibear type trap a little mink gland lure and some type of bait me I am on the coast they eat fish here for you the chicken should be working it is easier for me to get an animal to go through a trap then it is to get it to go into something good luck

I would be nervous about using the conibear trap because we have so many other animals roaming around here? I wouldn't want mine or my neighbors cat or dog to get caught in one
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom