How to combined antibiotucs??

kelstel

Hatching
5 Years
May 7, 2014
How do i combined two antibiotics (Tylan powder and tetracycline)? Do I use the full recommended dose of each and combined them, or do I reduce the dose by half and combined the two?
Thank you,
Kel

Why are you trying to combine them? Try one first at its recommended dosage, and then if for whatever reason it doesn't work or your birds aren't showing improvement try the other one. What are you trying to treat?

Why are you trying to combine them? Try one first at its recommended dosage, and then if for whatever reason it doesn't work or your birds aren't showing improvement try the other one. What are you trying to treat?

This, don't combine them, try one full dosage for 2-3 days, if you don't see any improvements you can switch to the other and continue the full cycle of treatment, if you see some improvement just stick with the original treatment...

They make a product that has doxycycline and tylosin, so it's not that strange of a question to ask.
big_smile.png

http://www.interchemie.com/veterinary-medicines/doxin-200-ws.html

-Kathy

My chicken has bubbles in his eye, which I believe is a sign of respiratory infection. I first saw this on Saturday and the vet isn't open until monday. I found a few different articles and said combining the two was the most beneficial way to treat this.
Has anyone else experienced this/ if so, What treatment did you go with?
Thank you, Kathy. I'll give that a try.

My chicken has bubbles in his eye, which I believe is a sign of respiratory infection. I first saw this on Saturday and the vet isn't open until monday. I found a few different articles and said combining the two was the most beneficial way to treat this.
Has anyone else experienced this/ if so, What treatment did you go with?
Thank you, Kathy. I'll give that a try.
I would try just the Tylan first. Doing the combo is probably more than is needed, and would require a *bunch* of research to get the doses correct.

-Kathy

@kelstel , do follow up with your vet as soon as they open as they might suggest treating with something different.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom