how to cover your rear when dh shoots the neighbors dog? pre-emptive?

Im gonna put in my backwoods outlaw advice,round here most dogs i see are strays or drop offs that city folk dropped out here to get it off thier back..If i was a nice guy i'd load up all the drop offs and strays up and hall em back into town and drop em off on main street. LOL but i was raised down to earth ruff style..The dog is past its time.if its gettin your pride and joy get his. dont talk about it dont say nuthin.if its in your yard hall it behind a bush at the edge of your property at midnight. LOL

If your smart you wont take my advise. Good grief,if you watch the news an animal cruelty charge will get you in jail for a long time, and murder you get out of jail on good behavior.. real corrupt huh?
good luck

I think you should just get Animal Control or the Sheriff's Office involved. Nothing has happened "yet". You stated there was a leash law, so by letting their dogs roam, they are breaking a law. If they are breaking the law, get the Law involved. By talking to the police and animal control, you are showing the Law, that you are trying to resolve the issue peacefully.

If you need to catch the dogs and then call animal control or the sheriff's office.

That's what I would do. I wouldn't shoot the dog without a better reason( I know we all have different opinions on better reasons, let me have mine). If the dog gets into your birds, capture the offending dog, call the Law and ask to be refunded for your birds. Eventually after being called out to your property so much, the Law WILL deal with these people.

Animal Control should be able to confiscate the dogs if the owners do not provide a shelter. I think the three main things animal control looks for before actually confiscating a pet is food, water, and shelter.

-Kim

Back
Top Bottom