How to deal with a Seller who won't answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zootopia

Songster
8 Years
Dec 13, 2011
Abilene, Texas
OK, I bought a bunch of eggs. Had to wait since the hens weren't cooperating, no problem. Got the eggs the next week. No tracking # so just waited.
Now the problem. Box came in on Saturday, looked good. Opened it, WOW, it stank! (Actually had to take it outside!) Goo everywhere. Now the eggs were well packed and even tho the goo was on all the packing, the eggs looked safe and dry, wonders never cease. OK so one smashed egg, so I candled all, for air cells and cracks.
3 of the eggs were dark , slouchy and only half full (I took pics). I cracked each in a bowl, brownish, chunky and stank!! (I took pics) So they smelled like the goo in the box.
One cracked egg, chalk it up to PO.
BUT I paid for FRESH eggs. I sent a polite note to the seller, I'm sure one of the kids helped gather and accidentally found an old nest or something. OK , so I asked the seller if they would replace the 4 rotten eggs. No reply.
I am a little concerned about the other eggs possibly being contaminated, we were very careful unpacking, but I took the precaution of putting them in the Hova by themselves, with a couple of my EE's as "control".
Yes, I could simply bash them in the feed back, but I'd rather settle this. I pm'ed on Monday, checked and they have been on here at least twice and have not responded to my pm. I could post the pics, I offered to send the pics to the Seller as proof if they wanted.
Good Grief, all I want is what I paid for, fresh eggs. This is not a "Shipped eggs are a gamble" thing. I get that. And I'm sure it was not done on purpose. The least they could do is respond. I hate to post the pics and do a negative feed back. But they seem to not care, which would leave me no choice. If this is the way they do business, I will warn others.

Thoughts???

i sell my eggs too and i have had to give eggs out because someone thought they were bad,i just let them know if i dont have any at the time the next dozzen eggs are on me, but i would do what you are doing try to contact them a couple of times and let them know you dont want to leave bad feed back but they are giving you no choice, and personaly i would like to know so maybe it would let people know they are more than just money makers for them.. hope this helps

My thoughts...there's always a chance that the seller has something going on in their day to day that is taking all their attention. It could be anything. Death in the family, accident, etc. I would email several times, try to call, and document it all. Give it a week or so, then tell him you're leaving negative feedback.

My .02.

My thoughts...there's always a chance that the seller has something going on in their day to day that is taking all their attention. It could be anything. Death in the family, accident, etc. I would email several times, try to call, and document it all. Give it a week or so, then tell him you're leaving negative feedback.

My .02.
i agree. but if they have been on this site more than once sence you sent the message there is no excuse all it takes is a few seconds and every thing would then be taken care of

You've had good advice on the thread. Give them adequate time to respond and then, leave feedback for others to read if you bought it through an ad here on BYC you can link to. Of course, as always, do not take private transaction disputes to open forum.
smile.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom