How to develop American game bantam

You need to breed down regular American gamefowl to get bantam sized. I know someone who has been working his lines for a few years now and last I heard he's doing well. Anything other than American gamefowl is not American gamefowl sorry. Then if they are bred very tight that makes them smaller anyway so that along with breeding down should get you where you want to be in 5 or 6 years maybe more I don't know

I just found out that you can breed a bird to the show standard of the American game bantam and I have a OEGB Red jungle fowl cross that is I think going to be about the right size . If you see anything wrong Ither than not being dubbed please tell me
EB5909B1-9CAF-4BA9-96EF-1912FC9C2C0B.jpeg

I made that cross too. The offspring size is intermediate between the RJF and OEGB parents. They are not a bantam, not RJF and not a gamefowl. Now I'm asking myself "Why do this if they are not going into the pit to fight?"

Of that group, we've cooked all but one rooster and three hens.

Last edited:
I made that cross too. The offspring size is intermediate between the RJF and OEGB parents. They are not a bantam, not RJF and not a gamefowl. Now I'm asking myself "Why do this if they are not going into the pit to fight?"

Of that group, we've cooked all but one rooster and three hens.
What is the average size for most of them

Back
Top Bottom