How to develop Lavender Brahma

R.M.Qureshi

Songster
9 Years
Jun 20, 2011
Lahore , Pakistan
Dear Friends,

Please advise which colour of Brahma di I need to develop Lavender Brahma.
I have seen some pictures of Lavender Brahma on net/Facebook. These were from Turkey and real eye catchers.
Since I have seen the pics , I am in love with this colour.

A picture is attached for reference.
I will be looking forward to your kind advice.
WhatsApp Image 2020-12-09 at 2.20.46 PM.jpeg

Regards

Dear Friends,

I have seen some pictures of Lavender Brahma on net/Facebook. These were from Turkey and real eye catchers.

View attachment 2441921

Regards
First you need some kind of lavender to enfuence the lavender gene, so like lavender Orpington. Im not sure how many brahma colors there are. Your going to need some kind of brahma color that will work good with what your wanting.

There are blue brahmas. Maybe breed the blue to a light so they will be a more lavender color and boom you got a lavender brahma? It will take lots of breeding a keeping back on the breeding stock your going to want.
Doesn't work that way. Can't make blue turn into lavender. Sure you can focus on breeding the lighter shades of blue but they're still gonna be blue and won't breed true like lavender.
There are true lavender brahmas.

A true "lavender" is a black bird with lavender added.
How to get one depends on what you have to work with. Asumming you have the genes wanted between two birds you breed the birds together to put those genes into one bird then you continue breeding those birds until you breed out all unwanted genes while at the same time getting the needed genes into pairs so it will then breed true.

Dear Friends,

View attachment 2441921

Regards
Do you want a solid lavender bird, or a lavender columbian bird? That picture looks like a columbian rooster with solid hens. Either one would be pretty. If I were doing it, I would be tempted to use Light Brahmas and Lavender Orpingtons. Hm. I have both...

Back
Top Bottom