how to do reception for courthouse wedding?

Livinzoo

Songster
13 Years
Mar 2, 2008
Statham, GA
I'm getting married!! He hasn't officially proposed but I don't want a ring anyway. We are thinking a courthouse wedding. Maybe as early as next week:p

I have several friends that have told me I better have a reception. How do you plan a reception for a courthouse wedding. Would it be bad to do it a month or so after the wedding?

Thanks

You can do a reception whenever you want! Why don't you send out wedding announcements after the wedding (you can make very nice ones on the computer!) You can buy some at Staples, or craft stores. If you are really adventurous, you can make you own from nice paper.

Include a handwritten note saying that you are in the midst of planning a reception and that person will be invited, or , if you get the date and locale down, add the invitation as part of the announcement.

I love planning events! So much fun to do all of those little touches. Depending on how many people are being invited, you can probably find a nice restaurant with a party room that will put together a nice party for you. But, there are SO MANY different venues for a nice reception. Congratulations. Take LOTS of photos. You will be surprised how much they will mean to you later...family, friends, etc.

Nancy

My sister got married in the courthouse and had her reception later that day in the room of a restaurant. About thirty people we had a great time....

Easy. laid backl Do wat suits your style, your budget, and your desires. I know people who had multiple receptions and people who had their reception almost a month after the wedding!

I'm a big believer in the "it;s a party!" philosophy so enjoy it!

Can we come??
wink.png

I remember five years ago in June, hubby and I planned the wedding, paid for everything, flowers and cakes and invited everyone there and no gifts needed. My parents thought it was tacky but hey, we only spent $150 dollars on the event itself! A nice park with gazebo, a minister that requested to be paid in two strawberry shortcakes, and Yankee candle gifts to all the matron of honor and dulcimer player, two big white carnation bouquets, our own outfits, bought sheet cakes with beautiful flowers on it with Andre mints on the side, and all of our friends and family members there to witness the event. I was really glad my dear father was there to give me away!

What a day and we didnt go into debt either!

Back
Top Bottom