How to Eggmobile?

Chioflock

In the Brooder
Sep 29, 2020
Texas
Hi everyone,
Any advise or someone who want to share experience with eggmobiles? We have 7, 6 week old chicks, we just moved them out to the chicken tractor/eggmobile (6×5ft) 3 days ago, they seem to love it, how often should I move it, when to let them go outside?, how to make them go again back in it, at night? This are literally backyard chickens. All comments will be appreciated.

Attachments

• 03904d8a-84d6-41e5-9e2a-fa8042ad7ab6.jpg
    03904d8a-84d6-41e5-9e2a-fa8042ad7ab6.jpg
    664.7 KB · Views: 27
  • 9fbdc6c4-ae5a-4f81-a1cd-e893012e97c4.jpg
    9fbdc6c4-ae5a-4f81-a1cd-e893012e97c4.jpg
    720.5 KB · Views: 25
You have an Angel :lovepicking flowers in your pix:thumbsup,,
You have a nice tractor. It does not need to be moved more than once per week. That will keep the grass from dying under it.
Just wondering what predators are in your area. My reason for that question,,,,, is the security. If you live in North America, raccoons are almost everywhere. They can get into your tractor without much trouble. You may consider adding some hardware cloth or welded wire over the chicken wire portions on door, and walls.
A raccoon can chew thru chicken wire, as well as rip it away with paws. They are strong, and smart.
WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and:welcome

You have an Angel :lovepicking flowers in your pix:thumbsup,,
You have a nice tractor. It does not need to be moved more than once per week. That will keep the grass from dying under it.
Just wondering what predators are in your area. My reason for that question,,,,, is the security. If you live in North America, raccoons are almost everywhere. They can get into your tractor without much trouble. You may consider adding some hardware cloth or welded wire over the chicken wire portions on door, and walls.
A raccoon can chew thru chicken wire, as well as rip it away with paws. They are strong, and smart.
WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and:welcome
Thanks! Actually that little angel was picking rocks haha she is something else. And yes, I think racoons and possum could be an issue, thank God my girls have a guardian dog that is known for killing unwanted visitors, so hopefully Sam my dog will be enough protection while we do some modifications to keep the little ones safe. Thanks!!

thank God my girls have a guardian dog that is known for killing unwanted visitors, so hopefully Sam my dog will be enough protection
Is dog outside 24/7?

Kinda small for 7 full grown birds.

Where in this world are you located?
Climate, and time of year, is almost always a factor.
Please add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, and then it's always there!
1602270096610.png

I have a similar coop/ run and similar sized yard, it looks like. I move mine every Friday. But I'm soon going to need to start over and re-occupy the grass we first started having the coop on a couple months ago.

I figure, with winter cold and lack of sun, our grass is going to be dead anyway, so I may not move it as much during the winter months.

Is dog outside 24/7?

Kinda small for 7 full grown birds.

Where in this world are you located?
Climate, and time of year, is almost always a factor.
Please add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, and then it's always there!
View attachment 2366570
I wish I could read this hearing the tone on your voice, because I feel judged. I will think that chicken community is formed by nice and gentle people, that is not only good to animals but to other humans. And I am in North Texas, we are at 81 and nights 72. Our dog is free 24/7, and the chicken coop is 30 sq ft in the tractor and more outside. I believe is at least 2 to 4 sq ft per laying chicken so they should be good. I am learning obviously.

I have a similar coop/ run and similar sized yard, it looks like. I move mine every Friday. But I'm soon going to need to start over and re-occupy the grass we first started having the coop on a couple months ago.

I figure, with winter cold and lack of sun, our grass is going to be dead anyway, so I may not move it as much during the winter months.
Thanks, hopefully I can learn from your experience.

Back
Top Bottom