How to feed mealworms to ducks

Naiva80512

Chirping
Jul 22, 2023
Hi guys I have a question..can u feed ducks mealworms? How many mealworms should u give to each duck? I have two 7 months drakes...And should I cook the mealworms with boiled water and give it to them with water or should I just mix dried mealworms into their dry food?

i just toss them out around the yard ( while ducks are watching) and let them search for them. they love that! i think i read a serving is 1 Tbsp per duck
Tnx a lot..I once read mealworms can have toxic chemicals so it's better to boil them before u feed them to ducks but I'm not sure..I think I'm just being over protective LoL

Tnx a lot..I once read mealworms can have toxic chemicals so it's better to boil them before u feed them to ducks but I'm not sure..I think I'm just being over protective LoL
Hi new to the forum, but I've been farming mealworms for years. I use them to support my retail store.

I can't imagine regular mealworms having toxic chemicals in them, all you need is wheat bran and carrots. So, it would be hard and a waste of time to mess up the formula.

Now "Superworms or Giant Mealworms" are created by administering a growth hormone, so that may be the issue. (we don't mess with superworms) If you run across that article again post it for us.

Hi new to the forum, but I've been farming mealworms for years. I use them to support my retail store.

I can't imagine regular mealworms having toxic chemicals in them, all you need is wheat bran and carrots. So, it would be hard and a waste of time to mess up the formula.

Now "Superworms or Giant Mealworms" are created by administering a growth hormone, so that may be the issue. (we don't mess with superworms) If you run across that article again post it for us.
:welcome

Hi and welcome! Tnx for ur information..I really appreciate that...honestly I read about it in a website so it's not that official article exactly..I will try to find the link and let u know about that and I have a question btw..what's the usage of Superworms or Giant mealworms?(It's just my curiosity LoL since I didn't know u can basically farm worms)

Hi and welcome! Tnx for ur information..I really appreciate that...honestly I read about it in a website so it's not that official article exactly..I will try to find the link and let u know about that and I have a question btw..what's the usage of Superworms or Giant mealworms?(It's just my curiosity LoL since I didn't know u can basically farm worms)
So people by superworms and giant mealworms to feed their pet reptiles. Although a regular mealworm will do, the reptile gets used to the larger size.

Back
Top Bottom