How to fix Resin shed overheating problems

What if you cut a lot of long narrow vents along the top of the walls under the eaves? That would allow the rising heat to get out. Or if you are SUPER handy, you could rig up some sort of cupola.

But shade would be the #1 thing...keep the sun from heating it up so much to begin with.
i'm not handy at all, not even close. i barely own any tools, lol. that's why i'm trying to start with a resin shed. I'm hoping to copy something that other people have already done, because i have the engineering skills of a termite.

I'm the same. I think the higher up the windows are though, the more hot air can escape. You also want to leave a windowless spot on the level they roost if it gets cold where you are in winter, so they aren't sleeping in a cold breezy spot. Or plan on covering a couple windows for winter.

Easiest thing might be to buy those circle soffet vent covers and then get a hole saw the right size so you can cut a hole, attach the vent, move down a bit, do it again. But I am not sure if those are considered predator-proof or not?

are you using a canopy for deep shade? i know Omlet coops are popular so i bet lots of people have solved this problem already. i'm looking at some solar powered fans on amazon to put in one of the windows too
I have trees and patio umbrellas. I'm putting up a triangle sail this year, though, so we can have our umbrellas back! I originally bought a pop-up canopy to use, but the trees are a little low and the fence a little close... If you have the height and room, though, I think a canopy would be smart.

Also, I have a predator-proof run and lots of outside roosts, so I can give the girls another sleeping option if it's too hot at night. I'm not sure of your set-up, but if you can possible leave a door open for them that'd make a big difference.

How did you secure the chicken wire in the windows out of curiosity. I just got a resin shed trying to find a vent to help it stay cool in the summer
I sold the shed already because I couldn't find a way to keep it cool enough. The windows were hardware cloth. I used self-tapping screws and washers to attach them and put epoxy all over the edges.

Back
Top Bottom