How to get an 80yr old niehgbors Roo off my property.

Quote:
gig.gif
haha, that's what it sounds like to me.

I would talk to her. If she still doesn't confine them, those two bantam roosters, who are always left to free range, WILL disappear sooner or later because of predators. They are bound to be gobbled up soon. Who would give an elderly woman two roosters with no coop? Irresponsible much? And then you have to worry about disease spreading.

The roo's are now chasing our ducks. The problem we have with it is that she is not just a neighbor. We are currently renting this house and the 6 acres from her nephew.

You might ask her if you could help build a coop and pen for her birds, as they aren't safe roaming the neighborhood and they upset your birds.

that's a tough one. I just moved to another home in the country. no neighbors to either side, but a couple across the street. they have 4 bob tail male cats outside.

im not much of a cat person and or neighbor person. I like my privacy, but did cross the road to say hi. then I seen the cat lunge to a bird at a bird feeder. I said wow that was cool is that yours, yes he replied and told me about the other three. I told him about our chickens and he told me to keep them contained because of there cats, he wasn't being a d)^k just warning me his cats are mostly wild and do what they have to do.

now if I didn't go over there he would have been missing some cats by now. but I have my chickies in a coop and chain link fence run so there isn't any way as of yet for them to harm them. if by any means they do manage to get in and or hurt one, game on. but I also have coons, hawks and other critters to watch for.

Talk to one of my neighbors today after she came up to buy some eggs. She is lifetime friends with the other neighbor that has the pesky roo's. She is also upset with them because they are pooping on her porch. She told her and she said to do whatever she wanted to with them. Ugh I don't just want to kill her chickens. I have offered 3 times to build a pen for them. She said she wanted them to free range.... meaning she does not want to feed and water them. They have now figured out when we feed our goats and are inside the fence when it's feed time. Maybe I can get a huge net and catch them and take them off somewhere in the middle of the national forest to be eaten by a bear or Mt Lion.
ep.gif

The elderly sometimes still want animals that remind them of good times in their lives even if they are unable to care for them. And sometimes people know that and use it as a way to get rid of what they themselves don't want without feeling that they were the ones responsible for however it turns out. Shame on whomever "gifted in good sense"! My elderly neighbor has said many times how he loves to raise goats but he also readily admits that he is too old to care for them. Now if I was to give them a goat he wouldn't say no but still...people really need to think. When confronted and the lady says do what you need to do then she probably took them out of kindness when someone else wanted to be rid of them. Catch them, temporarily coop them separate from yours and sell them. If it makes you feel better take the money to the lady afterwards. Problem solved:)

Back
Top Bottom