How to get hen back with flock

I let her out of her a-frame. She was hungry and was eating so I collected the eggs and brought them inside and went back out and she was already in the coop! They looked content when I looked at them. :fl Thank you for everyone’s help so far! Will update tomorrow!!:)

Thank you! I will try that. She has been the sweetest one and it kills me to see them doing that to her. My first flock so I’m learning a lot at the front end of owning hens. We lost one because of a dislocated leg before they went to the coop.
I am learning also with my first flock and have researched things deeply but I have close friends with flocks and family with flocks and have spent lots of time with them trying to observe and learn from them before I got chickens of my own. I didn’t want to jump off into this pool without much experience or information to have behind me as a life raft because birds can be hardy but yet so fragile at times. There are so many predators and diseases they have to face. Even people and our own pets other pets challenge their well being.

I let her out of her a-frame. She was hungry and was eating so I collected the eggs and brought them inside and went back out and she was already in the coop! They looked content when I looked at them. :fl Thank you for everyone’s help so far! Will update tomorrow!!:)
Wow!!! That is awesome! I am so happy for you all! I know this is such a relief for you! Oh this is great news! I know this eases your mind so much. I hope all continues to go well and everyone behaves and no one picks on her or anyone else for that matter ever again. Hallelujah!

Update:
I got up before the chickens so I would be there in case I needed to break up a fight. It was good I was there! After two fights and breaking up both of them things seem pretty ok. This one hen whom I’m pretty sure is on top I think likes Penny. Another hen the same who fought with Penny both times was trying to look big but Top Hen put her foot on her. That made a big difference. I’m hoping things continue the way they are going! :fl
Thank you everyone! Will keep you all updated!;)

I am learning also with my first flock and have researched things deeply but I have close friends with flocks and family with flocks and have spent lots of time with them trying to observe and learn from them before I got chickens of my own. I didn’t want to jump off into this pool without much experience or information to have behind me as a life raft because birds can be hardy but yet so fragile at times. There are so many predators and diseases they have to face. Even people and our own pets other pets challenge their well being.
Very true! Wish you luck with your flock!:D

Wow!!! That is awesome! I am so happy for you all! I know this is such a relief for you! Oh this is great news! I know this eases your mind so much. I hope all continues to go well and everyone behaves and no one picks on her or anyone else for that matter ever again. Hallelujah!
Thank you! It is a big relief! She has been sad and missing her flock I felt so bad for her! I think it’s going to be good! I’ve been watching and her and Top Hen were in the coop last time I checked.:)

I read on here somewhere if a hen was feed bullying to place her in a separate pen with feed and water but alone for a few days apart from the flock and then bring her back into the flock. Then the pecking order should have been shuffled around and reestablished and she should no longer feel as if she can bully over the feed. Maybe you could do something along these lines to help your hen???
This is exactly what I am dealing with all of the sudden in my flock. I’m going to try this on my Barred Rock bully TY

I decided to check on them last night. I see her in the corner on the perch with droopy tail and looks like blood on her comb. I move to the door that we go in and out of and opened it. Penny is right there and I can see her wounds better. She’s got some scratches some of them a little bloody and a little swollen. So I catch her which wasn’t very hard and put her back in her a-frame. She looks a little better this morning and I rinsed her face with water. I looked out the window quite a few times yesterday and didn’t see any fighting. My guess it was the same hen who attacked Penny yesterday morning.

Back
Top Bottom