How to get hen back with flock

Well their laying time is probably going to soon begin to stop within a few years if they have not begun to slow down I would think noticeably yet then I think that most likely they will do so very soon. Who knows you may not have to make the decision. God -Mother Nature May cull mean hen for you due to age or reproductive failure. Rooster?
No rooster. Yeah maybe so. I am going to try to get them all together and hope they will eventually get along! :fl

No rooster. Yeah maybe so. I am going to try to get them all together and hope they will eventually get along! :fl
They need to just eat and be non hormonal and be happy! I have the most wonderful news I have to share with a fellow chick owner because only one of you will know how good it is and what it really means. My nine chicks were put into their new coop and run that my husband build this summer for them just Sunday night for their very first night alone all night. They have been outside on my screened in porch some prior but it is fully enclosed and safe from predators too up at the house. So this of course was a big deal. I had been moving them to spend some time in the run during the days but not yet the coop because of the extreme heat we were having so they also had not fully known about a real roosting deal either yet at ten weeks. I had a rooster in the brooder but not really high. So last night was their third night and I went down at about 7:45 or so thinking well I am going to have to catch nine chickens and have to do it all by myself tonight because everyone else was busy last night but no biggy I will take my time. I went down and I was in total shock. All my girls were inside already! So I sat down a minute to put down my water jug and get out my locks for the coop outside the run so I could be as quiet as possible and I looked up and my favorite baby was running out of the coop like Mama we are in here! We thought you forgot about us! She didn’t even bother to fly down the run. She was doing her funny little but fast chicken run because she is a very tall chick already at 10 weeks. She is going to be a huge chicken for sure. I was so happy to see her. She was so proud of herself. She was so happy to see me. Then the other three Black Orpingtons who are the crazies of my flock came running out saying the same thing it seemed. Too funny. The other five never bothered but I didn’t know why. I assumed they were all just sitting on the shavings I had placed down as bedding but when I went in after I had waited them out and let them all decide to go on back into the coop at the calls of the other five to the coop before I even entered the run. I found out that all but two of my little chicks are now big girls! They had not only entered the coop all by themselves without me, but they had also figured out all by themselves after I showed them one time that first night even though they flew right back down how to roost! They were all up on the roost! They were all sitting up there looking at me like Hey Mom! Where have you been? You are running behind tonight aren’t you? We have been wondering where you have been we are ready to go to sleep! It’s after our bedtime don’t you know. Did you remember to bring our bedtime snack and milk? The one time I didn’t bring my phone to take a picture because that was a Kodak moment for me. I will never forget it for the rest of my life. It was a big deal to me for sure!lol!

UPDATE:
Hi everyone!
I am happy to say that when they fought 12 days ago or so, even though Penny got some wounds I think they figured out their pecking-order! Penny kept getting out of her a-frame (How, I still haven't figured out) but they didn't fight! She gets chased off some but she can live with them again! :wee
Thank you for all your help everybody! :D

Back
Top Bottom