How to get husband in gear to build coop

Bianca67

Chirping
8 Years
Jul 3, 2011
Cedar Springs, MI
Anyone with any ideas on how to get DH to kick it into gear and build my coop? He okay'd getting chickens had me research breeds and coop designs, he even said the drawing I made of the coop and run I want was good but can't get him to get going. Maybe I am just too excited to get started but I want my girls and I want them now!
barnie.gif

Last edited:
Go to the hardware store and get some lumber. Come home with a few 2x4s and plyboard. Unload it at the front of the house. Lean it up against the house/garage. If you have room in your house, mention to him he can do most of the work in the house. I have assembled the base and sides while in the house and now I'm painting each part, both sides, using the kitchen table covered with a drop cloth. Most of the hard work can be done in the cool AC.

Quote:
Tell him if he really doesn't want to build it, you'd be happy to pay someone to build it for you. If he is the average husband his pride and wallet will motivate him to do it himself. If he still doesn't do it, hire someone for real. just a thought
smile.png

I just go out and get started and he feels bad and comes out to help. Then I found out that my sister and I actually work better together so now we just do it ourselves.
sharon

I got tired of waiting on my husband to build mine, so I went out and started building it myself. He eventually felt bad after everyone was giving him a hard time and helped me with the walls and roof.
woot.gif

Better yet...

start building it yourself using HIS tools
tongue.png
gig.gif

Then keep coming to him with questions on how to do stuff
hu.gif
and how to use his power tools
idunno.gif
and whatnot. If he is anything like my hubby, he will get the
ep.gif
face and start panicking about you and his "precioussssssssssss" tools and come in to take over so you don't hurt them.

What can I say...it works!!
lau.gif

Getting him to start is only half the battle.... My babies are 6 weeks old this week, and I have had a roofless doorless coop in my backyard for 5 weeks
roll.png
. I now have my dad coming up next weekend to finish the job!

Back
Top Bottom