How to get my chickens to like me

superlukee

In the Brooder
Mar 19, 2016
Hey all! So I have 4 hens. 3 of them are fine with me, 1 of them doesn't like me that much , is there any way to get your chickens to really like you ? Like to be really nice to you? This might sound dumb lol. Maybe it's just some people's chickens who love them ALOT them and Maybe I didnt get those ones LOL. Anyways hope your all having a great day - luke

Last edited:
Hi Luke. Some chickens are just friendlier that others, but treats can do wonders. I collect bugs in a cup while I'm working in the garden and then give them to the chicks when I'm done. Now they get excited when they see me in the garden and come running when I go into the run. Many people here find meal worms work really well too, but I can only find dried meal worms where I live and they are very expensive. Just find something your chickens love and they'll come running soon enough
D.gif

Hope this helps, and have a great day too.

Hi Luke,
I started sitting on the ground with my chicks on day one . Hold some of their seed in your hand and wait for them to come see... I have 21 now and when they all come to see I feel very outnumbered!!!

Have fun ,some are more friendly then others , just like people !!
1f423.png
1f425.png

Thank you for the replies ! Yes I give my chickens treats, their part of the family. Also, is there any treatment to put on the grass to help it grow that's chicken safe? The girls like to eat up my backyard grass

Live mealworms are great but my chickens loved superworms. They are just extra fat mealworms. Probably 5x size. My local pet store has them 6cents a piece. A few bucks are worth their excitement.

My 8 chickens go crazy over frozen english peas, which are also called green peas. They end up all over me. I microwave about a dozen per chicken until thawed & barely warm. A lot cheaper than commercial treats & are better for them. Also, mine love small balled up pieces of whole wheat bread.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom