how to get rid of a hawk killing my chickens

I had a rooster survive a hawk attack because of my netting over the run. I dunno how my rooster managed to run inside the pen and even led the hawk inside because I saw the trail of feathers outside the pen and inside too plus i saw where the net was sagging from trying to fly out.

hawk got out through the door most likely since I saw no holes or openings in the net. My rooster was destroyed but survived after caring for him. Sadly that rooster passed away from a sickness months later.

ok so call me crazy but I have heard and seen videos of people saying that hawks don't like to attack all black australorps because the number one enemy of a hawk is a crow. So the hawk sees the all black bird and thinks its a crow and leaves the flock alone. Any truth to that or just BS

Really? I haven't heard that but I know crows will harass a hawk that flies into it's territory. Maybe somebody has heard of that but that is one of the things I love about BYC. You learn here as you try to help others.

Really? I haven't heard that but I know crows will harass a hawk that flies into it's territory. Maybe somebody has heard of that but that is one of the things I love about BYC. You learn here as you try to help others.
I saw 2 videos on youtube I think that said that once they introduced all black chickens to there flock they haven't seen or encountered any hawks. Just wondering if that is true or not. and yes that is why I joined BYC because I have questions and here I can always get answers or atleast advice on what I should do.

So sorry for your losses. Its hard to lose something you've work so hard to acquire.
Read your states laws on predators.
Reread those laws, then read them again
If all else fails
Sss
yea I raised all the birds I lost from hatching them and then months later gone all from a bird i can't touch or kill

Back
Top Bottom