How to get rid of Fox for good?

My college roommate was an incredibly handsome, (and rich), Italian stud named Vic.
cool.png

I would introduce all the excess foxes to Vic and that would be the last I saw of them.
lau.gif

I would not use poison too risky of harming non-target animals. I just shoot them. I shoot the yotes, fox, coons skunks...whatever it is that wants my chickens and ducks...gets shot.

well, i've been missing a hen, and or a guinnea every other day..to the point I'm down from 25 to 6. 2 Buffs, 1 Guinnea, 2 Silver Lace, 1 RIR... a Neighbor told me yesterday that sees a fox every morning around -530 coming out along our property line, walks down the street to cross into the woods! So now we know, we have a fox to dispatch.

Quote:
i believe you mean CO which is carbon monoxide and you are not correct. it is a VERY INhumane way to put an animal down. it is the same as drowning...only without water. i had the misfortune of seeing someone put animals down with car exhaust and it is awful. our dog pound uses this method and my question is if it is such a peaceful way to put an animal way down why is the box 1/2inch thick steel? please reconsider this method. i am a hunter and trapper and i still would never put an animal down this way.

Quote:
i believe you mean CO which is carbon monoxide and you are not correct. it is a VERY INhumane way to put an animal down. it is the same as drowning...only without water. i had the misfortune of seeing someone put animals down with car exhaust and it is awful. our dog pound uses this method and my question is if it is such a peaceful way to put an animal way down why is the box 1/2inch thick steel? please reconsider this method. i am a hunter and trapper and i still would never put an animal down this way.

I have been asphyxiated once and almost drowned twice and been electrocuted 3 time once in water asphyxiation does not hurt you just get sleepy, neither does drowning ,being shocked while wet is painful for several days head aches, joint aches ,holes sores where the power came out and went to ground a week or 2

Last edited:
Carbon monoxide poisoning is NOT humane!!! I tried to euthanize a duck with the car exhaust method and it was incredibly traumatic. I know this is the way cats and dogs were put down in animal shelters for many years and I thought it had been outlawed throughout the country quite some time ago. If you have to kill, use a gun.

We had a fox visiting between 4 and 7 a.m. one summer and laid in wait for him one night with a .22. At dawn we spotted him running across the neighbor's pasture a few hundred yards away, and he suddenly stopped and put his nose up and sniffed the air for a few seconds. He must have caught our scent because he turned and ran in the other direction and never came back again. We had another one that was so brazen it came right up to the back door in broad daylight and grabbed my rooster. I chased him to the hill and he couldn't make it up the incline with the bird in his mouth so dropped him and ran. It was almost humorous to watch. I don't know why we haven't had any recent visitations, but I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the light from our electric fence charger blinking by the hen house. Honestly, when we went the extra mile to secure the yard and coop we stopped having predator problems.

Quote:
lots of folks do something fences so on and so forth and they never realize someone else disposed of their problem about the same time they did whatever they did, fox as well as other animals are in such close contact with humans they are used to their scent as well as the scent of rusty metal tractors fences etc whether it is daylight or nighttime has no effect on animals when human activity slows down is when they become active It kina depends on where a vet is located some use CO2 some use barbiturates if may memory serves me seems like some form of phenobarbital

Last edited:
CO poisoning is actually humane if you do it properly. Many humans have accidentally died of CO from poorly vented bedrooms and old kerosine heaters, not to mention the suicides. The animal becomes groggy and is unconscious in a few seconds / minutes depending on the concentration. If there is insufficient CO to be fatal the animal will have a headache for a few hours. The ground glass is effective but slow. You may have better luck catching them with a well placed snare.

Same as you would for a rabbit but stronger wire and a loop big enough for a fox to get it's head through without the ears touching.

I have my chickens in a chook house with a pullet shut automatic door. http://www.chickendoors.com/products.htm The door opens after sunrise and shuts after the chooks put themselves to bed.

This worked perfectly until last week when a wire somehow came off the battery. The fox got all but one of my chooks. Now I have traps set and am looking for poison as well. Unfortunately neighbors are too close to use a .22.

Back
Top Bottom