How to get rid of fox?

one simple strand of electric fence will do it! Check out Nature's Hatchery ...they have a cheap little solar panel to keep your electric fence & also flood lights charged without an expensive electric bill!
wink.png

I already have an electric fence, although the posts are too saggy, but I have the charger, too. I checked out the website, but didn't see too much that would help. I don't have a night problem. Just a daytime issue.

Anyone with a .22 in the DC area that would want to come do the deed?

So here is the law that was posted for me.

Can someone explain why I can only shoot a fox when it is hybernating?

Reprint from VA law....

Fox
Firearms

Season:

November 1-February 28

Closed in Albemarle, Clarke, Culpeper, Fauquier (except Quantico), Loudoun, Louisa, and Rappahannock counties.
Dogs May Be Used to Hunt Foxes Except:

During the firearms season for deer on the Gathright, Goshen, Highland and Little North Mountain Wildlife Management Areas and within the boundaries of the George Washington/Jefferson National Forests.
Chase Only

Season:

Continuous open season statewide (including Sundays) unless noted below.

Closed March 1 through October 31 and during the firearms season for deer on the George Washington/Jefferson National Forests and on Gathright, Goshen, G. Richard Thompson, Highland, Little North Mountain, and Rapidan WMAs.

Restrictions:

* Unlawful to have in possession a firearm when hunting fox outside of the firearms fox season. Possession shall include, but not be limited to, having any firearm in or on one's person, vehicle, or conveyance.

I really don't think fox hibernate. Normally I would apply the three S rule to this problem....Shoot, Shovel, and Shut-up. Hunting and dealing with nuisance animals fall under different rules. Speak to the local game warden, tell them the fox comes daily, has little or no fear of humans and you are afraid for your personal safety. I would contact the Health department while I was on a roll. They probably have a policy in place to deal with such reports, as well as a person to take care of the situation. Hope it works out well for you, keep us posted.

The last time a fox came to visit, I screamed at it a couple of times from my bedroom window, then ran after it waving a baton, screaming at the top of my lungs. I chased it thru the woods (at night, pitch black with only a small green head lamp) until I lost track of it. That was 2 months ago and it hasn't been back.

Back
Top Bottom