How to get rid of Fruit Flies

I have found that coffee with creamer drowns the little boogers. They go in the mug for a little pick me up, but they don't come out.

I accidentally covered an orange in the fruit bowl and it went bad. I scrubbed my counter tops, dishes, and put away all food. I just happened to forget my coffee cup. Lo and behold, the next morning, my fruit fly population decreased significantly LOL

Here's a trick my eldest daughter got my wife to try and it works. Open a window just a crack and put a banana peel or other attractive fruit on the outside ledge--the fruit flies will go to it, then close the window. Got rid of them for us.
BTW fruit flies have been very, very good to me over the years. I drink a dry Rob Roy with a twist which is made with dry vermouth. Often, after the first sip or two I'll find a fruit fly floating in it--they love vermouth-- at the least I get a another drink, often I get the drink and compted.
smile.png

Use a jar or drinking glass. Pour in beer, about 1/2" deep. Put plastic wrap over the top and rubber band it tight. Get a skewer or toothpick and poke holes in the top. They can crawl in and drink, but get too drunk to crawl out!

Back
Top Bottom