How to get rid of mites and lice FOR GOOD?

Tempo Spray inside AND outside the the entire chicken houses. I'd move the birds out to another place for 10 days. Then spray inside and outside the coop, to the point of runoff.

Somebody tell them how to use Ivermectin. The birds are probably loaded with parasites too, and wouldn't Ivermectin kill most internal parasites too?
Tempo is great stuff, I use it for flies, but I don't think it's labeled for use on poultry.

I use ivermectin for lice, and I think it might treat large roundworms, maybe decal worms, but it will not treat capillary worms.

If you're going to give ivermectin it needs to be given based on the bird's weight.

1% ivermectin
Give 0.05 ml per pound of bodyweight orally. (0.25 ml per five pounds).

0.05% ivermectin (pour-on)
Give 0.1 ml per pound of bodyweight topically on the skin (0.5 ml per five pounds).

Tempo is great stuff, I use it for flies, but I don't think it's labeled for use on poultry.

I use ivermectin for lice, and I think it might treat large roundworms, maybe decal worms, but it will not treat capillary worms.

If you're going to give ivermectin it needs to be given based on the bird's weight.

1% ivermectin
Give 0.05 ml per pound of bodyweight orally. (0.25 ml per five pounds).

0.05% ivermectin (pour-on)
Give 0.1 ml per pound of bodyweight topically on the skin (0.5 ml per five pounds).
What if all your birds weight is different?

What if all your birds weight is different?
Each one gets a different amount. Since this has been going on for a long time, now might be a good opportunity to catch each one, thoroughly examine them, and get a baseline weight on them. While caught, treat each one with permethrin dust or spray.

Back
Top Bottom