How to get rid of mites?

Great!
Also have you treated the chickens?
I haven’t at the moment as they haven’t actually been anywhere near that coop with the mites, I’ve checked all of them a couple times and found nothing. I’d be shocked if they somehow did get them. But it might be worth doing it to be fair so I’ll look into getting some powder or something for them

What is the strength of the permethrin in the spray? 0.5% is what most people use. If you are in the UK, it can be hard to get the insecticides used to kill mites and lice. Neem oils is said to be fairly effective on the roosts and coop materials. Getting rid of the mites before the chicks are added would be easier that treating an infestation. Be aware that some people bring in mites on straw bedding where they can hide inside the blades of straw. Spraying around the coop itself may be needed. Mites hatch every 5-7 days, so a second or third treatment maybe needed to kill the newly hatched mite eggs. Mites can hide in tiny nooks and crannies. Good luck.

What is the strength of the permethrin in the spray? 0.5% is what most people use. If you are in the UK, it can be hard to get the insecticides used to kill mites and lice. Neem oils is said to be fairly effective on the roosts and coop materials. Getting rid of the mites before the chicks are added would be easier that treating an infestation. Be aware that some people bring in mites on straw bedding where they can hide inside the blades of straw. Spraying around the coop itself may be needed. Mites hatch every 5-7 days, so a second or third treatment maybe needed to kill the newly hatched mite eggs. Mites can hide in tiny nooks and crannies. Good luck.
I’m not too sure what strength it is, it doesn’t specify. Once it arrives I’m planning on spraying the whole prefab coop with it straight away, then for the next 3 days give it another spray ever day. And then after that if it seems they’re all clear moving the chicks in, would this work?

Back
Top Bottom