How to get rid of rats!?

I just spotted what looks like a sewer rat,the darn thing is huge and ugly,,I've been using d-con but isint working..

One can always try effective ratters: Both dogs and/or cats can work.

We had neighborhood-wide 'Norwegian Roof Rat" issue last year. Three outdoor cats later
(ours is a stray that adopted us...) and no signs of rats these days.

I'll admit that I'm not a cat fan. However, even I can't argue their effectiveness on a large
rodent population. They're deadly hunters/killers. I used to get multiple 'offerings' left on
the back stoop weekly.

Note: I've raised the chicks with the cat. He pays attention to them, but hasn't got close
since they've come along size-wise. I *think* the 10 wk olds are now large enough that
they're past the danger point.

Ratters. Worth a thought.

Hotspurious
Walnut Creek, CA

This might sound crazy but if you don't wanna use poisen coca cola will kill rats because they can't burp it always seems to work also rice I would say they eat it drink water then boom rice swells nomore rat

This might sound crazy but if you don't wanna use poisen coca cola will kill rats because they can't burp it always seems to work also rice I would say they eat it drink water then boom rice swells nomore rat

One of the most important things to keep in mind when fighting rodents is to make sure there is no water source for them to drink. I was so careful to put the feed away at night and not leave anything lying on the ground but left the water out. We had rats everywhere! I went to Ace hardware and bought 5 gallon buckets that I just turn upside down over all the waterers and the rats have disappeared. No poison required.

This isn't true. The only way coke will kill a rat is if the container falls on it with enough force to bludgeon it or if they drown in it. Drinking it has no effect.

As a side note, rice and alkaseltzer aren't harmful either. http://www.snopes.com/critters/crusader/birdrice.asp

We're in the middle of a terrible rat infestation. We bought the huge rat traps, as well as the smaller mouse traps and poison. Within 48 hours, the poison from 3 of the 4 traps was totally gone. We've caught two rats in the rat traps. They laugh at the mouse traps- they think it tickles. We've also had them steal the bait off of the rat traps a good half dozen times this week. I'm hoping the rat poison kicks in soon.

My SIL has a ratting breed of dog. I'm thinking I may put up the final poison station and have him come over for a play date.

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif
Now that's funny!! Well stated. Keep'm coming, LOL.

Hotspurious
Walnut Creek, CA

Back
Top Bottom