How to give ducklings niacin

KenjiQuacker

Songster
Jan 24, 2021
Issaquah Washington
I know ducklings need niacin, but I just bought chick feed that I'd rather not waste but I don't think chick feed has enough niacin for ducklings.

So my question is, how do I give it to them? Do I put it in their food or water, or is it some other method?

Also, do I just give them the niacin supplements I found on amazon, or do they need some sort of specialized supplement made for ducklings?

Thanks!

I know ducklings need niacin, but I just bought chick feed that I'd rather not waste but I don't think chick feed has enough niacin for ducklings.

So my question is, how do I give it to them? Do I put it in their food or water, or is it some other method?

Also, do I just give them the niacin supplements I found on amazon, or do they need some sort of specialized supplement made for ducklings?

Thanks!
you can do food or water! i used unmedicated chick starter for my ducklings, with some brewers yeast that i added over the top of their food every morning.
this is the brand i found they liked! from amazon.
60C4C3D1-14C4-49F6-A53E-97F5071342FD.jpeg

i also started to put some vitamin B complex in their water, because one of the ducklings seemed to be lacking. but i don’t think you need to double up unless they’re having issues, one or the other is alright!
this is the vitamin b complex i used, which is for animals specifically but you can use Niacin supplements made for humans also, by cutting a gell pill and squeezing it into their water (not sure on exact measurements)
image.jpg

you can do food or water! i used unmedicated chick starter for my ducklings, with some brewers yeast that i added over the top of their food every morning.
this is the brand i found they liked! from amazon.
View attachment 2569957
i also started to put some vitamin B complex in their water, because one of the ducklings seemed to be lacking. but i don’t think you need to double up unless they’re having issues, one or the other is alright!
this is the vitamin b complex i used, which is for animals specifically but you can use Niacin supplements made for humans also, by cutting a gell pill and squeezing it into their water (not sure on exact measurements)
View attachment 2569961
Oh cool I think I saw that on amazon, so I'll look into it. And thanks for tell me how to use gel pills!

If you have pekins they are particularly in need of extra niacin, since they're bred as meat birds and grow so quickly their bodies have a hard time keeping up. I would definitely have the liquid vitamin B complex on hand if you have pekins :)

If you have pekins they are particularly in need of extra niacin, since they're bred as meat birds and grow so quickly their bodies have a hard time keeping up. I would definitely have the liquid vitamin B complex on hand if you have pekins :)
Im getting call ducks, but I'll probably keep the vitamin B on hand anyways. Thanks!

There are various ways to supplement niacin; nutritional yeast, Cattle B complex Injectable, and plain niacin capsules are a few and are easy to obtain. Preferably, one would administer the medications via feed, treats, or direct oral administration. Putting such products in the bird's water may make them drink less, and since ducks spill so much water, they may not get enough niacin.

Back
Top Bottom