How To Have Kids That Grow Up To Like Each Other

Quote:
This is what I did.
smile.png
My daughters can have some doozy fights, don't get me wrong, but they mainly get along. They play together and talk with one another. My 13 year old will occasionally take the time to read out loud to her 11 year old sister. For the most part, they really like each other.

Quote:
I think that this is good advice also. Kids, even twins, need their own identity. I think that children who are allowed to be apart will like each other better when they are together.

I took a lesson from an episode of Oprah when my boys were little. (5,6,8)

She had a family on the show with an absurd amount of children of all ages. She asked the parents how they dealt with in-fighting and they told her "We take one wrist from each child and handcuff them together. 1rst offense 10 minutes, 2nd offense 20 minutes..."
you get the picture.

We tried it.

1rst offense - they thought this was great fun

2nd offense - (occurring about an hour after the first one) both
children were absolutely miserable

After that all I had to do was hold up the cuffs to quell any oncoming arguement

now they are 16,17,19 and best friends

Afterthought

If you have tweens that bicker in the car I have the perfect cure
GUARENTEED SILENCE FOR THE REST OF THE RIDE

Barry Manilow

Do that to them once and all you have to do is hold up the cd

Quote:
lol
lau.gif

Actually, that might not be a bad idea.

Last edited:
You know, I am not sure about this, My kids seemed to treat each other so badly when they were younger. Till the oldest moved out. Now they are great friends.

Quote:
Well, my second son is named, Christopher Michael after my brother and sister, so they at least know that I like my siblings. LOL
tongue.png

Quote:
For the sake of the mother's peace, it is still good to learn way to help them like one another while they live at home.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom