How to heal bumblefoot swelling?

higuy1375

In the Brooder
Sep 8, 2021
My chicken has bad bumblefoot swelling and from everywhere I look, the only treatments are removing the massive black scab on the foot, its been swollen for a while now and I've been trying to do my research but I cant find anything and the local vets arent of any help. How would I go about getting the swelling down.

My chicken has bad bumblefoot swelling and from everywhere I look, the only treatments are removing the massive black scab on the foot, its been swollen for a while now and I've been trying to do my research but I cant find anything and the local vets arent of any help. How would I go about getting the swelling down.
I have been dealing with one bumble foot case for 10 months now, swelling can take a while to go down. When you remove the scab, do you try to get the core out, if there is one and any other puss?

Treatment includes soaking for 10 minutes in Epsom salts followed by removing the scab, getting out the core, if there is any and infection (white and stringy). Then pack with antibiotic cream (or similar product) applying a small square of gause and then wrapping up with vet wrap. From then on do 10 minute Epsom Salt soak followed by a 20 minute, 1 percent betadine towel soak daily, wrapping and repeating this until the scab drops off.

I have been dealing with one bumble foot case for 10 months now, swelling can take a while to go down. When you remove the scab, do you try to get the core out, if there is one and any other puss?

Treatment includes soaking for 10 minutes in Epsom salts followed by removing the scab, getting out the core, if there is any and infection (white and stringy). Then pack with antibiotic cream (or similar product) applying a small square of gause and then wrapping up with vet wrap. From then on do 10 minute Epsom Salt soak followed by a 20 minute, 1 percent betadine towel soak daily, wrapping and repeating this until the scab drops off.
There is no scab, it is just very swelled

Back
Top Bottom