How to help an egg hatch? Advice please!

MillietheHen

Songster
Nov 10, 2020
First off I’ve been patient with this egg but it’s the end of day 26 and it hasn’t made any progress. I candled it and it didn’t look like it had internally pipped. How can I assist it? I just want to help get it started. I’m pretty certain it’s just in the wrong position because I can hear it tapping on the shell and peeping. But it’s been doing that all day and still nothing. I know there could be something wrong with this chick and I’m prepared to cull it if it’s terribly unhealthy but I don’t want to just let it die in the egg since it’s still alive. Any advice?

If it's peeping it has to be internally pipped. It can't peep without air. If this is a chicken egg, you're certainly at the point where you could make a careful hole into the air cell and see if you can figure out what's going on.

If it's peeping it has to be internally pipped. It can't peep without air. If this is a chicken egg, you're certainly at the point where you could make a careful hole into the air cell and see if you can figure out what's going on.
Ok. This is a chicken egg so how would I do that without causing too much damage?

Back
Top Bottom