How to identify a mule duck?

Rotarhead

Hatching
5 Years
Aug 17, 2014
Hello,

My Muscovy finally hatched out her eggs on the 5th. She had 14 ducklings, two have which died (one was smooshed and the other was real weak), and 1 egg didn't hatch. Originally she was laying on 3 eggs and I ended up adding to her nest because my Khaki Campbell decided it wasn't as fun as she thought it would be to lay on her eggs. She laid on them for a few days and lost interest. Based off of what I can tell it looks like I have 2 Muscovy ducklings and the other 10 are the Khaki Campbell. I'm not worried about the Muscovy ducklings being mule's as the two Khaki drakes I have don't mess with my Muscovy's. However, it is possible that my Muscovy drake may have messed with the Khaki hen. I did not see this happen and anytime I see them they all stick with their own kind but I know it's still a possibility. Is there a way to tell by looking at the ducklings if they are crossed or not and therefore mule ducks? I'm looking at selling most if not all the Khaki ducklings but don't want to call them pure if they aren't. In other words, I don't want to sell somebody a duck that they think they can breed and it end up being sterile. Any help and advice is appreciated. I'll provide pictures in hopes it may help. Thank you!

Mom and baby's. She is an awesome mother. Day old...after being moved into a separate pen.

I'm thinking this one is a Muscovy but will be white (though it's parent's aren't). Day old.

I'm assuming this one is a Muscovy. Day old.

There are 10 total that resemble the Khaki Campbell ducklings. Day old.

Just hours old...

The boys. My Muscovy drake and 2 Khaki Campbell drake's.

The Khaki hen before she stopped incubating the eggs.

These are my ducks can anyone tell me what they are please

:welcome And ducks.

This thread is 5 years old. It would probably be best to start a new thread so more people will see your pretty birds.

To start a new thread in the duck area click this.....

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/ducks.42/

Toward the top right there is a button that says "post new thread". It is easy from there.

I've found out that she's a bu
:idunno I think I see some blue/grey on the head.
the whitish duck is a buff orpington mallard

Attachments

• IMG_20200702_185907.jpg
    IMG_20200702_185907.jpg
    238.3 KB · Views: 1
So is it best to list them as possible Mule's to be safe? I'm going to sell 8 of them. I already have a dozen ducks so don't need all of them.

Back
Top Bottom