How to identify my order?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by budda, May 11, 2011.

1. budda

budda Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2011
    Atlanta GA
    I have been trying to get an idea on how to ID my order I am getting around the 18th. I ordered the following...

10 Ameracaunas (spelling??)
    5 Welsummers
    5 Barred Rocks
    5 Silver Laced Wyandottes

I think identifying all but the Ameracaunas is my best bet because in all the group pics of Ameracaunas, they are all different colors. Does anyone else have a better idea?? The reason I kind of need to know is because we are only keeping 2 of each and selling the remainder within a day or two of them arriving.

2. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    you need help in knowing what they will look like? If so your Barred Rocks will be black with a white spot on the head. The Silver Laced Wyandottes will look like a black/gray chipmunk, Your Welsummer will look like a brown chipmunk the Ameracuanas will have puffy cheeks which will make their faces look fat.

3. fshinggrl

fshinggrl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    the edge of insanity
    I would assume you are getting these chicks from a hatchery, which means your Ameracaunas will really be Easter Eggers (EE). They probably will look similar to the welsummers except they *should* have green legs.
    Here is a picture of 3 welsummers and one EE. The EE is on the bottom left.
    [​IMG]
    Here are EE's and SLW's (all marked). Hopefully that helps! Congrats on your chicks & [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. debid

debid Overrun With Chickens

Jan 20, 2011
    middle TN
    Where did you place the order? Some hatcheries will mark chicks on request so you could have the EEs all marked since those will be the ones that could look like just about anything. The rest will be easy to tell apart.

5. budda

budda Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2011
    Atlanta GA
    Ordered through Welp hatchery. I think I will call them back and ask them to mark the EE's only. I have an idea about what the rest look like, and have been looking at pictures of chicks for the last two days.

6. Aemelia

Aemelia Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2011
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    The SLW's look rather unique I can't imagine you mixing them up. Good Luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by