How to introduce ducklings to ducks

Emmjjaayy

In the Brooder
Apr 11, 2020
Hello! So from the looks of it I have 2 females and 4 males. I was told I’d have to get rid of some males or keep them separate. My husband has decided that we can rehome 2 -3 males and keep the 2 females. We would get more female ducklings as we heard we would need 3 females per male. My question is when would I be able to introduce the ducklings to the ducks? At what point in age could they start living together? Also will they get along?
and lastly ( I know this sounds silly) will theducks miss the other ducks and vice versa?

Just don't let your girl babies get near any adult drakes until they are at least 4 months old or they could do some damage to them. First, put them in an area where they can see but not touch. Then slowly try things out but be there to supervise.

I had 4 one month old ducks, and 10 2.5 weeks old ducklings they saw each other for 4 days through chicken wire so that day I put them together for the night. the next morning one of them was dead.

Just don't let your girl babies get near any adult drakes until they are at least 4 months old or they could do some damage to them. First, put them in an area where they can see but not touch. Then slowly try things out but be there to supervise.

x2!

Back
Top Bottom