how to keep bees out of coop?

Some people come and take bees away for free for you. I see you are in Mass. What part? Have you tried searching for bee removal?
we haven't. mainly it isn't honey bees that we see and that is mostly what someone will come and take away. Plus not sure where the hive is since I haven't seen it just see the bees.

I have only been stung when I was younger (twice in the same arm at the same time) and don't remember a reaction then. Then I was stung 2 years ago on my back, it was in my shirt somehow and felt something on me so moved my shirt and it stung me. I never saw it as I was in a store when it happened and there was nothing on the floor around me and I didn't see anything. My back was killing me and swelled quite a bit around it. Then my arm last year that got HUGE.... so far no other issues besides the swelling and itching from them but does make me wonder if it would be worse the next time.

the hummingbird feeders are in the front yard and coop in the back so they aren't near each other. and I know the sugar water attracts them but I love my hummingbirds so just can't get rid of them.

Does that trap get honeybees? I know I heard last year that their #'s were way down so don't want to kill any honey bees but I am more than happy to kill anything else. I don't mind them too much around my yard, not thrilled but they do help my flowers. But I 100% don't want a hive in my coop!
I checked mine and only got wasps and Mud Daubers.

Chances are that what you are seeing are wasps or yellow Jackets with maybe a few Carpenter Bees thrown in. The only way to get rid of true Honeybees is to catch the queen if they swarm or locate an active hive. Most wasps will leave you alone unless the nest is threatened or they think the nest is threatened or for self defense. Screen will keep them out of the coop. If you think there are too many then get a wasp trap and install it.

Back
Top Bottom