How to Keep Chickens Cool in Upcoming Heat Wave?

Pics
Hello fellow chicken friends - I live in Portland and we are expecting a horrible heat wave this weekend. Temps are going to be over 100 for multiple days, which is not typical for this area. I am worried about my chickens who have definitely never experienced that much prolonged heat. They have shade and I will hose down the grass multiple times and refill their water as often as I can throughout the day, but should I do anything else? I don't have a/c in my home, so I can't bring them inside either. Help!
You could add a misting system to your backyard run or area where your ladies forage, or add it to the area you have shaded for them. Freeze several bottles of water to add to their water bowls and alternate them several times a day. Add a fan to the shade and misting system. I hope you, and your ladies get through the coming heat wave alright!
Good luck

Hello fellow chicken friends - I live in Portland and we are expecting a horrible heat wave this weekend. Temps are going to be over 100 for multiple days, which is not typical for this area. I am worried about my chickens who have definitely never experienced that much prolonged heat. They have shade and I will hose down the grass multiple times and refill their water as often as I can throughout the day, but should I do anything else? I don't have a/c in my home, so I can't bring them inside either. Help!
buy a mister for pen on amazon cost from $10.00 to $50.00

Back
Top Bottom