How to kill a rooster? HELP

Quote:
Oh. My. God.
ep.gif
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif

Alright, not only is that beyond sick (who the &$# runs those sort of tests?!) but it seems like slamming something's head upside a hard object is more cruel than just killing it. Nothing against you Linkoso, you do what you have to do. I am just floored by the logic. So...let's say the chicken is "knocked unconscious". Who's to say the "head" wouldn't regain consciousness when cut off?
hu.gif

Quote:
Justput em upside down somewere wait like 4 min and scald them.Or skin them whatever you prefer.

If the neck is broken or the spinal cord severed the heart stops beating so you will not properly "bleed out" the chicken. I prefer to use a cone and cut the jugular that way 98% of the blood is pumped out of the bird.

The key is to kill your bird in a way that you are comfortable.

Quote:
If you whack it in the head hard enough to cause massive brain damage, e.g. with a piece of wood or hammer swung with some force, it ain't regaining consciousness.

Pat

Quote:
Justput em upside down somewere wait like 4 min and scald them.Or skin them whatever you prefer.

If the neck is broken or the spinal cord severed the heart stops beating so you will not properly "bleed out" the chicken. I prefer to use a cone and cut the jugular that way 98% of the blood is pumped out of the bird.

Ya but the thing is,the meat tastes better with a lil blood left in it,and besides most of it will come out if you brine it,I find cutting the birds throat is just to grusome,its suffering longer then if you sever the spinal cord bit as you said as long as you feel comfortable killing it that way then its good.

Quote:

Ya but the thing is,the meat tastes better with a lil blood left in it,and besides most of it will come out if you brine it,I find cutting the birds throat is just to grusome,its suffering longer then if you sever the spinal cord bit as you said as long as you feel comfortable killing it that way then its good.

I would disagree with the tasting better part. I find blood in the meat to be quite unappetizing, and carcasses look much better and cleaner when properly bled out.

Quote:
Ummm..I think not.I can't even look at meat with blood dripping out of it.:sickIt's like we're wolves that were hunting and caught whatever it is.I mean were not animals people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
th.gif
I wuldn't even have a pieceof my mom's steak a couple of weeks ago....because it was bloody.
sickbyc.gif
:sick:sick

It is surprising that here in the USA , the melting pot of peoples, that blood sausage usually can't be found in the grocery stores. It is being eaten in litterally every continent and island nation on earth and goes by many different names. Usually made with pork blood and in lesser amounts with cattle, sheep and goat blood and mixed with pieces of meat left over from the carcass. As they say, when a pig is butchered everything from the squeel to the tail is used. MMMMMMMMmmmmmmmm good.

Quote:
In polish blood sausage is called kashanka,its mixed with blood ,kasha and other things its soooooooooooo good.And btw fluffycolor you dont know what you were missing a lil blood in steak gives it its own flavoring.And guys I didnt mean to have the chicken soaked with blood thats gross.Im just saying a lil left in it gives it a good flavoring.Also it was dad who tricked me into eating blood sausage,he just called it kashanka(the plish word for it)and gave me some.I still love it though.mmmmmmm kashanka oh and might I add that kashanka is extremly nutritous due to the blood in it it contains so many vitamins and minerals also lots of protien so dont say that were animals becouse we eat it in sausage or have a lil in chicken.

Apparently chicken blood isn't used for this blood sausage--but I don't want to waste it. I was thinking maybe it could be used in gravy or something. Whether it's for people or pets I don't care, I just would rather not waste it. Perhaps I should just use it as fertilizer.

Back
Top Bottom