how to make a coop for waterfowl

Release The Quackins

In the Brooder
May 12, 2023
I Recently got some ducks and geese on an impulse when I went to get some new chickens for the farm, it probably wasn't the smartest decision iv made but I don't regret it and love the little ones to bits. Anyways since there still baby's I haven't needed a coop for them to stay in as of yet, I don't know much about what ducks and geese need in a home so anything anyone could think of for making a basic temporary or semi permanent home for my waterfowl would be greatly appreciated!

We built a simple one. Think of a big dog house. Lined the floor with either pond liner or rubbery roof material (can't remember which) for easy cleaning. We use hay on top of that for bedding.

I Recently got some ducks and geese on an impulse when I went to get some new chickens for the farm, it probably wasn't the smartest decision iv made but I don't regret it and love the little ones to bits. Anyways since there still baby's I haven't needed a coop for them to stay in as of yet, I don't know much about what ducks and geese need in a home so anything anyone could think of for making a basic temporary or semi permanent home for my waterfowl would be greatly appreciated!
Try browsing in the Ducks and Geese forums.

Back
Top Bottom