how to make crop milk

Bryce Thomas

Songster
Mar 21, 2021
Gilbert, AZ
so my friend invited by over to his place and he had a coop of like 150 white pigeons and they were so cute and lovable and he asked me if i wanted any eggs to take care of and hatch them and i said sure

he gave me feed and everything and told me about crop milk but he forgot to tell me how to make it, i hear by using some water and unsweeted organic soy milk and cracking 2 eggs and mixing it all together it will make a nice blend for dove babies, any ideas? thanks

I totally am confused about your friends suggestion to give you eggs to hatch. :confused:
It can be done,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but super suphisticated process. You should ask friend to rent you a mated pair, and have them raise your 2 squabs that hatch. Then simply return the parents once your squabs are 6 weeks old.

I always seek the practical easy way. Life is complicated enough to add more comlex.

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:highfive:

I totally am confused about your friends suggestion to give you eggs to hatch. :confused:
It can be done,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but super suphisticated process. You should ask friend to rent you a mated pair, and have them raise your 2 squabs that hatch. Then simply return the parents once your squabs are 6 weeks old.

I always seek the practical easy way. Life is complicated enough to add more comlex.

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:highfive:
but do you know how to make crop milk? i hear you can buy it, prepare it with ingredients, etc...

but do you know how to make crop milk? i hear you can buy it, prepare it with ingredients, etc...
You really don’t want to feed a baby bird every few hours if you can avoid it. It’s also a lot more difficult for a person to keep squeakers (baby pigeons) alive than two parent birds.
I don’t know how to make crop milk but you may be able to look it up on the internet.

I will tag, @Aaron nassery . He raised pigeons from hatched eggs. Lets see what advice he can offer.
You can purchase crop milk, but I do not have the source at my fingertips. Since you are going to incubate them yourself, you have 18 days to get some.
As always, I wish you best success, but I tend to be a pragmatist, so I offered my advice in previous post as best option.

I will tag, @Aaron nassery . He raised pigeons from hatched eggs. Lets see what advice he can offer.
You can purchase crop milk, but I do not have the source at my fingertips. Since you are going to incubate them yourself, you have 18 days to get some.
As always, I wish you best success, but I tend to be a pragmatist, so I offered my advice in previous post as best option.
oh ok. it was more like he invited me to come over and hang out and i saw the cute white doves and he said he alreay has to much and you can play with em and do whatever so i asked if i could have some fertile eggs and he said sure so i decided to take on the challenge. i have already done lots of research and am excited

Back
Top Bottom